Are you ready for CWCO2016? Oh, so are we!
We have great plans to make this the most amazing online conference ever.
This is our fifth online conference, and we’re particularly excited because this is our first time we are offering it in interactive webinar format. You’ll get all the benefits of live conference and more for $40/$25 for CWG members. (That won’t even pay for a taxi from the airport if this were a live convention.)
Here are some of the things you can look forward to:
- A greater emphasis on how our faith informs our writing. We have speakers who will discuss writing as a Calling, literature as evangelization, and even how genre fiction like horror and science fiction can still reflect our Catholic values. Check out the presentations.
- Practical advice and tips you can put to work immediately. From managing your time to reconstructing your plot, developing great characters to building your social media presence, our experienced and well-published presenters share their best practices.
- Webinar format that incorporates audio and visuals. Gone is the archaic chat form. This year, our presenters come live to your screen. It’s easy – if you can handle Skype or Facetime, you can do this! (Don’t worry, there’s still chat available for talking or “passing notes.”)
- Networking. One of the comments in the past has been there’s not time to just get to know fellow attendees. This year, there’s time in between each session, we have open chat time, plus an open chat room on the conference website.
- Recordings! Did you have to run after a toddler and miss part of a lecture? We’ve got your back. We’ll have recordings of each session available for you free!
- Pitch Sessions. They’re back! We’re recruiting publishers of Catholic and secular media to hear pitches from authors with manuscripts ready to submit! Check out the growing list.
Every time we’ve held the CWCO, writers leave inspired and enabled…many end up with publishing contracts within the year. We’re looking forward to taking an already innovative conferencing idea to the next level. Are you ready to do the same with your writing?
Help us spread the word! Download the publicity package. It contains press release, bios and workshops, and ready-made tweets. Feel free to blog it as well!